Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Parque Urquiza



Today my cousin Lucy took Grandpa Bob, Mommy Cia and I to the big city park, Parque Urquiza. They have an old train from 1928 that I got to climb into and check out. Then we played on the toys, where I wow'd Lucy with with climbing skills. We ended up closing up the evening by grabbing some ice cream at a local parlor. Yummm! I scored some chocolate ice cream and by the end of it, my white shirt was covered (as was my face, my hands and my arms). It was a perfect way to end the day, which started with a trip to the Panaderia with Mommy Cia - she scored some seriously good pastries, stuffed with dulce de leche. I'm not kidding when I say I'm coming back 10lbs heavier.







This is me sleeping this evening. It was a busy day of playing, so I was knocked out!


Yesterday, we met up with a nice couple (Pablo and Ema) and their daughter (Josephina). The couple runs a beauty parlor across the street, and they have a really nice log cabin "playhouse" for their daughter. And, yes, I do mean real "log cabin playhouse". It's like 1/2 of of a life-sized cabin, complete with sleeping cot, kitchen sink and mini-fridge, and of course, plenty of toys. Pablo was pretty cool - he gave me a "helicopter" ride using a little kiddie chair. Man, oh man. I loved it and laughed heartily as he flew me around the backyard.

Tomorrow we visit with Tia Shirley and then Friday we head over to see Tia Porota and Tia Chola. Lots to do and time is dwindling! For shame. I wish I could stay longer.



No comments: