Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Artsy Fun



Another weekend is coming up, so I figured I better get on the ball and tell you about my Artsy Fun-time with Mommy Jenny last weekend.

On Friday, we dropped by Mass MoCA on our way to my friend George's house. Mass MoCA has a cool kid's space that lets us touch the exhibits. Of course, music man that I am, I immediately gravitated towards the wall of guitars! Check out my musical skills...as you can see, I'm branching out beyond the piano.



There was also a Sol Lewitt mural exhibition and I LOVED it! Large walls of colors and shapes, and of course, everyone around me was impressed that I knew all of my colors and shapes. I also loved a big silver sculpture by Simon Starling and stand by my claim that it was a dinosaur. Mommy Jenny asked me, "Ok, so then where's the dinosaur's head? and feet? and tail?" and I was quick to point them out. How could she argue?



When we finally landed at George's house I enjoyed seeing lots of little wooden animal sculptures that he has sprinkled around the place, including a little zebra sitting on the window ledge above the bed I slept in. I especially loved the wooden duck, which I wanted to bring downstairs at breakfast so the duck could eat too. All in all...a very good (and artsy-filled) weekend, indeed.



Until next time!

No comments: