Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th of July! Today we had awesome weather and beautiful sunshine. Something we've been lacking this entire summer in the Northeast. Our Independence Day celebration including fishing (of course), speed boating, water-tubing, eating (also, of course) and good times with family and friends (old and new)!

A few weeks ago Uncle Rob & Aunt Brenda's nice friends, Art & Lisa invited me to Meme's house. We were invited again for the 4th and it was so nice to see them both along with their little peepers, Kelsey and Cody. I also got to see Meme again (she's so sweet!) and Art's brother, Mr. Paul, and his wife Ms. Debbie and daughter Sabrina. Uncle Rob had a friend, Mr. Matt, visiting from Iowa. Mr. Matt's a big fisherman, like Uncle Rob. I think I impressed him with my fishing vest and stellar casting skills. And, of course, I got to see cousins Hayden and Myra. Always, always a treat!

So, Mr. Art's family has a speed boat. And one of the things that speed boat likes to do is pull things. Like a water tube. Now, I checked it out while the water tube was docked, but Mommy Cia actually took a whirl water-tubing for real, and she had a blast! She was laughing the entire time - even though she couldn't wear her glasses and could barely see past her nose. I got to ride in the speed boat (and wore my new life preserver, too!). Talk about thrill ride. I went out once while Mr. Paul was driving and he even let me drive!!!

All in all, an awesome 4th of July. Here are some pics. Until next time!



















No comments: