Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!



I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Christmas and a having a super Hanukkah. This time of year always makes me a little misty-eyed, because it's a celebration of family and friends (and Jesus' birth, of course). And for those of you with whom I wasn't able to celebrate this year, I'm thinking of and holding you near and dear to my heart.

Yesterday we had a lovely Christmas Eve party. I enjoyed seeing everyone and partied as long as I could. I've been battling a cold the past couple of days, so I wasn't totally on my game, but had a lovely time regardless.

Today, we had a very lazy Christmas with a leisurely breakfast and a prolonged gift exchange. I received a lot of nice gifts from the neighbors here in Florida, and I am now the proud owner of a complete Argentine Gaucho outfit, complements of my Tia Lucy and familia. They also sent me a beautiful poncho and sweater. Gorgeous! Muchas gracias!!!

The rest of the day was spent relaxing, enjoying each other's company since tomorrow I head back to MA. It's been a lovely trip and I can't believe it's almost over! Alas...all good things must come to an end. To that end, here are some final Christmas pictures to share before I head on home.













1 comment:

Amyacl said...

What a beautiful family! Sorry that people got sick - it seems like there's a lot going around this year - but I'm glad you had a good holiday season anyway. Hope to see you all soon!