Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you new Mama's out there. You know who you are, so give yourselves a pat on the back and a kiss on the cheek. For those of you "seasoned" Mama's - a super Mother's Day to you, too -- look how great your little squirts are or have turned out!

If this is your first Mother's Day, then you know being a mommy is some seriously hard work! A card I read put it this way, "Holy Crap! It's hard!". And you know what? It is, but we wiggly-butts are worth it and you know it. The first breath, the first smile, the fist coo. The first crawl, step and tooth. All totally worth it.

Ok, enough waxing poetic. Let me tell you about yet another grand day. Today we headed over to Uncle Rob, Aunt Brenda and Cousins Hayden and Myra's house. They had a super feast for us. My Uncle Rob knows how to grill. Whoooo yeah! I was eatin' well today. Grilled steak and chicken. Yum! Plus, Aunt Brenda made some great side dishes to round it all out.

The weather was beautiful with clear skys and warm sunshine washing over us. Believe it or not, we didn't actually do any true "mothers & kids" poses today. They (namely my Mom's), who are of the takers of gazillions of pictures actually forgot to do some formal pic's today. I'm giving them a break, though. I think their heads are still spinning after throwing my birthday party yesterday.

Alas, we still have some great pictures from this special day. Check them out...









No comments: